On 21 April 2012 we will be hosting a new “In the brain of…” session. Our guest for this edition is Christopher Avery, author of The Leadership Gift. The Leadership Gift is a work on responsible leadership, teamwork, and change. Christopher’s field research about how personal responsibility works in the mind of leaders (namely how we avoid it and how we take it) now makes it possible for coaches and leaders to understand and teach the mental processes, language, and keys to personal responsibility. Understanding these processes also inspires your teammembers to demonstrate a far greater ownership behavior as individuals as well as in teams and enterprises.
Leaders all around the world study Christopher’s research because it shows them how to consciously expand their leadership ability every day. His approach derives from 20 years of field studies on the front lines of leadership about how personal responsibility operates in our minds. These rich discoveries are changing how leaders lead, how agile teams get built, and how coaches and parents teach and inspire personal responsibility.
This highly interactive hands-on workshop will cover topics such as:
- How to continually improve your ability to take and teach ownership behavior
- The connection between ownership behavior and success in any pursuit
- The essential role of ownership behavior (i.e., personal responsibility) in agile
- Why and how people avoid ownership, and why and how people take it
- Why an agile coach would want to demonstrate, inspire, and teach ownership behavior
- Understand, try on, and validate your mind’s internal Responsibility Process
- The 3 Keys to Responsibility for unlocking and mastering the Responsibility Process
- Evaluate your return on investment as a coach to adopt a personal Responsibility Practice for mastering responsibility
- Evaluate and choose the basic tools to support your success practicing and teaching ownership behavior
- The A, B, C’s of teaching responsibility to anyone — what is required, and where the pitfalls are.
- How to work directly with the Responsibility Process and the Keys to Responsibility.
- Practicing processes and exercises that Christopher and his Leadership Gift students apply with their teams and clients.
Interested in joining us for this session of mind-opening discussion? Click below and book now!