Certified Professional Scrum – Scrum.org
For a professional grasp of Scrum and its effectiveness
- Follow our cutting-edge Scrum.org courses for effective Scrum and for anyone coaching software development teams towards increased efficiency.
- Get the associated credentials by Scrum.org by going through a universally accepted assessment.
- Claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits
Skip the mechanical approach; do it the Professional way.
Scrum is a framework for developing, delivering, and sustaining complex products. Scrum makes the efficacy of your current product management processes and practices transparent, and through inspection and adaptation the framework brings continuous improvement to the product, the team and the working environment.
Scrum is based on the principle of empiricism: one takes decisions based on knowledge, and this knowledge comes from experience. This combined with a self-organising, cross-functional team that lives the Scrum values of commitment, courage, focus, openness and respect, the Scrum Team aims at bringing faster ROI, reducing business risks faster, and keeps the organisation and its products more adaptable to changing market expectations.
Do not follow the above principles and any Scrum implementation will feel very robotic and people will check-out indicating there is very little to no value coming out of the Scrum Events - failure.
Do not fall in this trap, go for the professional approach and get the competitive advantage you are looking for.
Advised learning path
To maximise the learning, based on our experiences, we propose the following path:
- Specific for managers (any level in the organisation):
Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials (PAL-E): managers play a key role in any transformation. Their role does change. They will have to support their teams in news ways. You will leave this workshop with a handful of practical actions you will apply the next day. As such this workshop gives you and your teams boost.
- For any team member: Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF): to ensure a solid foundational knowledge is available for anyone part of, or supporting a Scrum Team. Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Team members, and managers.
- Once the foundational knowledge is available, for each of the specific roles, a course can be taken to go into the specific accountabilities and attention points of these:
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
- Professional Scrum Developer (PSD)
- Once Scrum Team members and leaders understand their own role, and as it is very useful to understand each other’s role and accountabilities to collaborate as one, Scrum Team members and leaders attend sessions of the other roles, or immediately take these sessions together as one team.
Especially as Scrum Masters and Product Owners also play a leadership role, the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) is strongly recommended.
- For both the Scrum Master and the Scrum Product Owner, there is an advanced course available: Professional Scrum Master II, and Professional Scrum Product Owner Advanced. For both courses, it is strongly advised to have one year of hands-on experience.
- Specific courses can then be organised to
- See how to scale Scrum - Large Scaled Scrum (LeSS)
- See how User eXperience skills can be integrated as part of the Scrum Team - Professional Scrum with User eXperience
- See how Kanban can be used together with your Scrum implementation - Professional Scrum with Kanban
2-Day Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF)
The Professional Scrum Foundations course provides the foundational knowledge needed for anyone that is part of, or supporting a Scrum Team: Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Team members, leaders, managers and stakeholders.
The course is highly practical: learning the framework through experiencing its power, and gaining insights into overcoming complexity. Participants will build a product in a series of Sprints through team-based collaboration and self-organization, facing real-life problems.
Common missteps and misunderstandings are exposed so that participants grow a high awareness of the symptoms, while the course provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track and have a healthy Scrum usage.
Whether you are getting started or needing a refresh, this course gives participants the knowledge and directions to get started immediately after their class.
- Fundamentals of Scrum
- The Scrum Framework
- Mastering Scrum
- Planning with Scrum
- Getting started
- Keeping Scrum healthy
2-Day Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
The Professional Scrum Master course provides the needed insights for Scrum Masters and anyone else coaching a team into the efficiency and effectiveness of a self-organising, cross-functional and collaborative team. Furthermore the course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioural shifts. It teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
The course is highly practical as it is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life scenarios.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework - from the Scrum Mastery perspective
- Done and Undone
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The role of the Scrum Master
2-Day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II)
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Master in their further professional development. This course is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
The course is highly practical as it builds upon the experience of the participating Scrum Masters. The course covers the different stances a Scrum Master can take such as teacher, coach and mentor, facilitator, and change agent.
- Effects on the organisation of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with complexity and servant leadership
- Dealing with team conflict
- The role of management in Scrum, and understanding the challenges of middle management
- Measurement in Scrum
- How to support the Product Owner
2-Day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course provides the needed insights for Product Owners and anyone else responsible for a product’s success in the market (e.g. agile product managers). The courses focussed on all areas to teach participants how to maximize the value of a product or system.
The course is highly practical as it is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life scenarios where students will work on with other classmates.
- Agile Product Management
- Value-driven Development
- Scrum Principles & Empiricism, The Scrum Framework from a Product Ownership perspective
- Product Backlog Management
- Release Management
2-Day Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A)
The Professional Scrum Product Owner Advanced course is an advanced class designed to support practitioners expand their ability to ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. This course is intended for Product Owners with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
As the Product Owner role is multifaceted, the course challenges the participant to adopt several different stances such as customer representative, visionary, experimenter, influencer, collaborator and decision maker.
The course is highly practical as it guides the participant through a series of exercises that will raise the learning about areas critical to growing as a successful Product Owner.
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Scaling the Product Owner role
3-Day Professional Scrum Developer (PSD)
The Professional Scrum Developer course is a hands-on course where participants experience how to deliver quality software using Scrum with Agile and DevOps practices.
The course is highly practical as participants create real code on a realistic software system (available in .NET and Java specific technologies).
- Using Scrum
- Working within a Scrum Team
- Definition of Done
- Development Practices
- Agile architecture practices to slice features
- Test Driven Development
- Code Review
- Agile requirement management practices
- Using DevOps tools with Scrum
2-Day Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials (PAL-E)
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course helps managers and other leaders understand how to best support, guide and coach their teams to improve their agile capabilities.
The course provides a solid foundation for the critical role that leaders keep playing in creating the needed conditions for a successful agile transformation.
The course is highly practical as it is made up of a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises to help participants learn how to support agile teams, and how to lead cultural and behavioural changes needed to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach.
- Improving Value Delivery
- Value - the “What”
- Culture - the “Who”
- Professionalism - the “How”
2-Day Professional Scrum with User eXperience (PSU)
The Professional Scrum with User eXperience courses guides participants into how to integrate modern UX practices into the way of working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams.
Through hands-on exercises participants leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials such as Definition of Done, Product Backlog ordering and delivering Done Increments every Sprint.
- Understanding how Scrum with UX enhances continuous learning
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Outcomes over outputs
- Managing UX work in Scrum
- Focus on users
2-Day Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK)
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course teaches participants how to apply Kanban practices to improve Flow, without changing Scrum.
The course is highly practical: through case studies and hands-on exercises, participants experience the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
- Professional Scrum primer
- Kanban Principles and Practices
- Scrum with Kanban
What do you get out of it
Professional Scrum Certification
Each participant for each course receives a free attempt at the corresponding certification assessment and after successfully passing this assessment will receive the Professional Scrum Certificate: PSM I, PSM II, PSPO I, PSPO II, PSU, PSD, PAL-E or PSK.
Professional Development Units
Each participant for each course can claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits. (For PSD that will make 21 PDU).