DevOps Simulations – The Phoenix Project
Go beyond the buzz of DevOps
- experience more effective ways of collaboration in and between teams
- understand that DevOps represents a significant cultural and behavioral change
- identify and agree on concrete actions for adopting and deploying DevOps practices
Why a DevOps / Phoenix simulation course?
- Are you exploring ways to kick-off a DevOps adoption?
- Do you want to experience more effective ways of collaboration in and between teams?
- Is ‘DevOps’ buzzing in your company and / or industry?
- It is no longer a question of 'should we adopt DevOps' , but 'when and how'.
However DevOps represents a significant cultural and behavioral change and many organizations fail to address this in their adoption. Our business games can be used to explore and understand DevOps, and to identify and agree on concrete actions for adopting and deploying DevOps practices.
DevOps seems to be the latest 'buzzword' and trend in the IT industry. Driven by the business need for ever faster deployment of new functionality and frustration with the time and effort it takes to get new systems into Operations.
1-day DevOps simulation - The Phoenix Project
Your challenge is to use the DevOps principles and apply them in our serious Business Simulation. In multiple rounds you will work on the IT projects and IT issues and ensure that “The Phoenix Project” will be finished on time. But, beware, the business keeps coming with new ideas and demands and external developments outside your control can also throw a spanner in the works.
Our DevOps simulation will be customized towards your own specific needs and learning objectives. But in general these are the main objectives:
- How to apply DevOps principles in a real life situation?
- How to find the right balance between delivering your SLA requirements and your IT projects according to plan?
- How to experience how DevOps can bring serious value to your business?
- How to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your IT Department?
- How to create better flow in your teams?
- How to develop people’s skills to act in a DevOps environment?
- How to show business their responsibilities in making IT Projects more successful?
What will you learn?
- Learn more about DevOps
- Learn more about the practical implementation of DevOps
- Learn how to develop collaboration within your teams
- Learn more about how to increase business value
0,5 day DevOps introduction - The Phoenix Project for Business
The Phoenix Project for Business offers a half day session for business people. This simulation covers the key aspects of DevOps and the DevOps journey in a very structured way. Especially for those who want to experience:
- What is DevOps?
- What can DevOps bring to my organisation?
- What is the consequence for my organisation?
Your team will act in different roles within the Parts Unlimited organisation. You can be Retail Operations, Human Resources or Finance – playing the Business roles of the company. Or you can be the VP of IT Operations or other members from his IT Team that needs to develop the applications and solve the IT Issues. Along the way you get familiar with the underlying principles of DevOps and what it can bring to an organisation.
This half day session is meant for introductory sessions only.
What do you get out of it
You will be able to spot issues in your own organisation
Even though this is a serious simulation, you will have fun learning new stuff
You will have greater alignment on DevOps and related terminology