- Are you exploring ways to kick-off a DevOps adoption?
- Do you want to experience more effective ways of collaboration in and between teams?
- Is ‘DevOps’ buzzing in your company and / or industry?
It is no longer a question of 'should we adopt DevOps' , but 'when and how'. However DevOps represents a significant cultural and behavioral change and many organizations fail to address this in their adoption.
This business game can be used to explore and understand DevOps, and to identify and agree on concrete actions for adopting and deploying DevOps practices.
About the “The Phoenix Project” Simulation
The simulation game is based upon ‘The Phoenix Project’ Book
. Parts Unlimited is in trouble. Newspaper reports reveal the poor financial performance of the organization. The only way forward to not only save the co
mpany but to make it competitive and profitable is “The Phoenix Project” which represents an IT enabled business transformation, with Retail Operations as the business owner of this project. The VP of IT Operations is asked to take the lead of the IT department and ensure that “The Phoenix Project” will be a success. But the VP of IT Operations is facing a tremendous amount of work. A huge backlogs of issues, features and projects.
The team you are part of in this training will act in different roles within the Parts Unlimited organization. You can be Retail Operations, Human Resources or Finance – playing the Business roles of the company. Or you can be the VP of IT Operations or other members from his IT Team that needs to develop the applications and solve the IT Issues.
Your challenge is to use the DevOps principles and apply them in this serious Business Simulation. In three rounds you will work on the IT projects and IT issues and ensure that “The Phoenix Project” will be finished on time. But, beware, the business keeps coming with new ideas and demands and external developments outside your control can also throw a spanner in the works.
The main learning objectives are:
- How to apply DevOps principles in a real life situation?
- How to find the right balance between delivering your SLA requirements and your IT projects according to plan?
- How to experience how DevOps can bring serious value to your business?
- How to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your IT Department?
- How to create better flow in your teams?
- How to develop people’s skills to act in a DevOps environment?
- How to show business their responsibilities in making IT Projects more successful?